Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Things I've come to know in the small amount of time I've been around.


I feel this odd tingling of excitment about this year, I went so out of my way to outline and plan, but never actually started, and I'm looking out on almost endless possibilities, my outline remains incomplete but I feel like it's appropriate, yes I could throw down a few ideas just to say it's done, but I think around the end of November, if I'm close to finishing the novel, I'll be glad I left a few things hidden from myself to get excited for.
When I started my first story, the idea actually came when I was sixteen and working in JcPenneys, I worked in the catalog department, and I use to think about a girl unknowingly finding magic at a mundane everyday job. That's how it all started, being excited and seeing magic in the boring old everyday stuff. But I have had such a hard time with it, I literally have notebooks filled with ideas, maps, characters, plots, and they always fell through. One reason is because I over think things which is irrational when writing something bordering fantasy. Don't over think it.
So then I started stretching back further into the background of these characters, why were they where they were, and why are they doing all this, but the story didn't start with them it started with Daniel King, and Margo Fischer. I just hope when I pull them into the world I'm making they are real, and tangible, wanting to carry on with their personal quests as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment